Difference Between iPhone and iPad App
There are news from Venturebeat.com that sheds light on how different an iPhone app will be compared to an iPad’s app. Skout, a dating and relationship app for the iPhone sent news that they’ve been developing a similar iPad app but with major differences such as the ones illustrated below.
- More space to play around with. iPad app developers will appreciate the extra real estate. Skout’s iPad app will boast a Split View feature that lets users see two different angles of the app at the same time.
- More multi-tasking capabilities. For example Skout will allow users to not only enjoy two different views but they will be dynamic as well. Users can chat with other app users while browsing their profile details in real time
- With these features setting apart the iPhone and iPad app, Skout thinks iPad users will enjoy better connectivity with other individuals in the long run. Other apps may also capitalize on the iPad’s flexibility and allow more space for multi-tasking
- The iPhone app features photos taken with the iPhone camera but obviously in the absence of a camera in the iPad, users will have to source for a similar gadget to capture snapshots
- With the iPad’s greater size compared to the iPhone app, users are expected to be less mobile but they will utilize the app more often indoors